The Retro Gamers Society is not simply a group of video game fanatics that come together to play games and build collections — we help build stronger communities as well. To give back to our local areas, RGS Branches organize regular community outreach projects. The service opportunities provide unique environments in which to gain perspective on community needs and make an impact on the cities and towns that provide us so much support for our hobby.
Retro Gamers Society Outreach is coordinated by Aimee Phillips. In the time since our Outreach program began, we have:
- Run a 24-hour game-a-thon for Hotdogs For The Homeless
- Bagged donations with the Food Bank
- Built a house with Habitat for Humanity
- Adopted a stretch of road in the OKC area
- Played Wii with seniors at a retirement home
- Volunteered with tornado relief efforts
If you want to get involved, contact your state branch coordinator or Aimee directly to find out how. More Outreach opportunities are on the way!